Sunday, August 22, 2004
Question
To blog or not to blog. That’s the question.

I was telling one friend of mine about my blog. How excited I am to place recent pictures and how happy I am to tell stories on what’s been happening in my life. My friend just plainly commented, “Limit the things and the pictures you are placing on your site. Give yourself some privacy.” That last sentence made me think.

At first, I was really hesitant with this blogging thing. You go on revealing stories about your life, even the things that are only needed to be kept within yourself or within your close circle of friends. Yeah, it’s fun to see someone posting comments on your articles, seeing the hits counter go up, and your tagboard full of messages. But what about privacy? Our blogs are available on the internet and anyone can just peep in our so called life. Why not just write in the traditional diary? Locked up and kept from everyone else but you.

As for me, I really enjoy blogging. Telling others, especially my friends who live far, about my escapades in life. But I’ll be honest. Sometimes, I’m wondering if some crazy person stumbled upon your blog and started keeping records of information about you then makes up silly things that can harm you. What will you do? What will I do? There’s that unsafely feeling.

These thoughts kept on lingering on my mind since I started blogging.

To blog or not to blog. That’s the question.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home